Child Rights Information and Documentation Centre (CRIDOC) values the concept of volunteerism in all its program implementation and it is upon this concept that the organisation was founded just a few years ago. In fact, one of its founders was working as a volunteer/intern in India at the time when CRIDOC was being mooted/conceptualized as a project.
The rationale of CRIDOC is to encourage individuals to share and utilise their knowledge and skills by voluntarily doing something positive to the communities, particularly those that will have a positive impact on the underprivileged children directly or indirectly.
At the same time, CRIDOC seeks to offer the platform on which the volunteers/ interns themselves can enhance their learning.
Our volunteer concept is based on the following general understanding and definitions of the term “volunteerism”:
• Performing an act of kindness, freely giving of your talent, time, and effort for a simple fulfillment of community expectations
• The willingness of private citizens to serve voluntarily in a great variety of programmes causes. Performing activities of one’s own free will that provide services to the community without monetary reward
• It is an expression of active participation in the life of a community
The following are some of the benefits that volunteers and/or interns may realise by working for either CRIDOC or any of our key local partner institutions in Malawi.
• The importance of achievements
• Personal growth
• Giving something back to the society one belongs to
• Bringing about social change
• Friendships, support, bonding and a sense of belonging
We’re currently working on revamping our volunteer program, with new exciting developments and approaches for both local and international potential volunteers.
We urge you to visit this page soon, most likely before 31 March 31 2019, to see new developments, including our collaboration with one of the third-party international volunteer organizations who will manage and probably coordinate the marketing aspects of all our volunteer openings for both offline and online volunteering.
We hope our seamless integration with the new third-part platform will enable us to serve our potential volunteers better and, therefore, impact the communities we serve even more than we currently do.
Please, Watch this space!